Saturday, November 27, 2010

November 27 - Clinton

t
June 29, 2010
November 27, 2010
Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk



Starting Weather: Cloudy 32 °
Ending Weather: Cloudy 31°
Distance Covered:  1.2 miles
Time: 3:06 PM - 3:56 PM
It was a dreary day, but I went out anyway.  I went to Clinton, because it is so filled with wildlife.  There was only one other car in the parking lot when I arrived.  I didn't see another person for forty-five minutes.  There really wasn't much going on.  I can't remember when I've seen less wildlife in Clinton.  I walked back to the car and loaded my camera and tripod into the back seat.  Just then, I saw something in a tree over the trail, about 100 feet away.  I tool out a smaller camera with a zoom lens, to see if it was a bird.  Just as I looked through the viewfinder, it jumped to another branch.  i got my camera and long lens back out, and started taking pictures.  It was a beautiful hawk.  I decided to walk across the bridge, over to the trail, to get a closer view.  I had to walk right underneath the hawk and positioned myself to the south.  It posed for me for a minute or two prior to flying off.   At least I saw one wild thing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment