Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 7 - Clinton

Starting Weather: Mostly Sunny °
Ending Weather: Mostly Sunny °
Distance Covered:  6.2 miles
Time: 12:40 PM - 4:45 PM
Red-tailed Hawk
White-tailed Deer
Today could not have been more different from its weekend partner, Saturday.  It was a beautiful, seasonal, sunny day.  I decided to go to Clinton, because it was a Sunday in November last year that I had the idea to embark on a year-long project to photograph the towpath.  That day I did not take a camera with me; I had gone only to hike and enjoy the beauty of that fall day.  Today I walked over near the railroad tracks and looked south.  I saw a doe near the tracks about a quarter mile away.  A few minutes later I looked towards the same spot and saw a beautiful buck in the same spot, crossing the tracks.  i ran back towards the trail and towards the outlook spot.  I saw him over near the tracks.  I ran back south down the trail, but never saw him again.  Kay stopped by and we went back to the tracks, and followed them south.  I got to do a little orienteering, trying to find the trail from the tracks much further south from where we left the trail.  We saw a lot of birds today, and enjoyed what fall color remained.

No comments:

Post a Comment