Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21 -The Woods are Lovely, Dark and Deep...

...but I have laundry to do!!
Red-tailed Hawk
Today I was on my own - Kay had too much school work to do. I decided to go to the Center Road trailhead, north of Clinton and walk north to Vanderhoof. The snow was compacted on the trail, making the walking fairly easy. I heard a lot of birds, including several belted Kingfishers. I also heard some scary squawking coming from some hawks. The river ran to my right most of the way up. I walked back down to Center road and kept going until I came to the Pancake Creek bridge, about a quarter of a mile in. Although I saw no other people on my hike north, there was a family arriving back at their mini-van as I was getting ready to wrap up my day on the towpath.

They've always been there
A hundred species of birds
Why weren't we watching? 

No comments:

Post a Comment