Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15, 2010 - Massillon

John Glenn sculpture
Finally got to leave work a little early. Headed south to Warmington Rd., which is between Massillon and Navarre. My goal was to visit the section of the towpath called "John Glenn Grove." It wasn't much of a grove. There was a statue of Glenn reaching for the stars. Kind of a dreary day, and the area wasn't very picturesque, at least not today. I took a few pictures, then headed back south on 21 to Navarre. I stopped at Craig Pittman Memorial Park and Shelter. Icy and snowy, didn't even get out of the car, but a good place to return to. Decided to head north. Tried to find Oak Knoll Park in Massillon, which is just north of where the towpath temporarily ends at Walnut and 21. I didn't have a map with me, and wasn't able to find it. I headed back north, and stopped at several trailheads off Erie, including Lake Ave., Towpath Court, Bridgeport Quarry, Forty Corners, Butterbridge, and Lock 4 Park. Not a lot of photos today, but was able to scope out some great places to stop later.

A grove in winter
John Glenn reaching for the stars
Looking, nothing more

No comments:

Post a Comment