Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31 - Beaver Marsh to Deep Lock Quarry

Black Swan on Cuyahoga River
Today was a two-parter for me. When I woke up this morning, I could see an almost (waning) full moon shining. I hurried down to Canal Fulton to get some shots of the moon on the Towpath. Part two began early afternoon. It was warmer and sunnier than yesterday. We decided to go to the Beaver Marsh. Kay didn't want to be gone long. We parked at the Ira Road parking lot. The Beaver Marsh was pretty, but I took a few shots and walked North. My plan was to walk to the Everett Road area and turn around. Instead, I passed Everett road and kept going strong. At one point I decided to just keep walking and have Kay pick me up when she was done. I walked and walked and walked. My goal became to get to Deep Lock Quarry. It was farther than I thought, but I finally got there. I had to veer off the Towpath trail and to and into the park to a trail that I hoped would lead to the parking lot. Happily I chose the right trail and it lead right to the parking lot. Overall, today was a great day - low 20's and sunny, a great day. I covered about 4 to 5 miles of the Towpath and took some lots of  photos. As always Kay took lots and lots of bird photos. A great day! A great month!

Car parts, box springs, trash
The beaver reclaimed the land
Nature’s engineer

No comments:

Post a Comment