Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17- Clinton South

Monarch butterfly
Green heron
Starting Weather: Mostly Sunny,  74°
Ending Weather: Mostly Sunny, 83°
Distance Covered:  3.06 miles
Time: 9:08 AM - 12:02 PM
We had plans for the afternoon, so decided to get an early start before the heat set in.  Kay hadn't been very far south in Clinton, so I dragged her there.  Right off the bat, she spotted some green herons on tree branches.  They were really all over the place.  As we learned later, there were some babies in the bushes on the island in the pond.  Kay got some extraordinary shots.  Me, well, I decided to have my camera set on "manual" with a shutter speed of 1/400 of a second.  Of course, most of my photos were a total loss.  i was able to salvage a few, and I did have a second camera with me, with which I took a good number of shots.  As hot as it was, we were able to cover a fairly good distance between the shade and a light breeze.   This is a beautiful section of the trail and about a mile in is the dividing line between Stark and Summit counties.  I will be back soon with proper camera settings!

No comments:

Post a Comment