Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17 - Route 59 to Spaghetti Warehouse

Starting Weather: Mostly Sunny,  88°
Ending Weather: Mostly Sunny, 86°
Distance Covered:  1.93 miles
Time: 5:05 PM - 6:15 PM 
Downtown Akron buildings from towpath
YMCA viewed from Route 59 Bridge
Dramatic sky and building from Route 59 towpath bridge
First Merit, downtown Akron
When I was in downtown Akron earlier this week, I noticed how easy it would be to access the towpath bridge over Route 59 from the parking deck off Main Street.  It was very hot, but didn't seem too bad.  There were lots of big, puffy white clouds- my favorite!  We parked in the deck (for free!) and walked to the bridge.  It was beautiful to see the building of downtown Akron surrounded by blue skies and fat white clouds. We didn't go too far north, but I decided I would walk to Spaghetti Warehouse from here if Kay would meet me there.  I got to walk past the YMCA, Canal Park Stadium, and lots of other downtown attractions.  There was a street fair in progress, so lots of people were around, quite our first trip here during the winter.  I walked past Lock 3, which is a beautiful downtown oasis and makes me wish I worked in downtown Akron.  An enjoyable walk, even in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment