Friday, July 30, 2010

July 27 - Fort Laurens

Tuscarawas River seen from I-77 Towpath Bridge
A cow
Starting Weather: Sunny,  83°
Ending Weather: Sunny, 81°
Distance Covered:  1.68 miles
 Time: 5:22 PM - 6:39 PM

Tonight after work, we drove to Fort Laurens in Bolivar.  Kay had driven me to work and picked me up after t save time.  We got there when it was still daylight, but the trail is so shady in parts, that my flash was going off.  There wasn't a whole lot to see tonight.  We walked across the bridge over I-77, and Kay saw some hawks that she thought was feeding a nestling.  I kept walking,until I got to Lock Seven, but didn't go much farther.  I saw a few butterflies, and other than that, the most exciting thing to be seen were some cows grazing.  I guess you could say it was a slow news day on this part of the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment