Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 23 - Canal Fulton


Starting Weather: Partly Cloudy 86° 
Ending Weather: Partly Cloudy 77°
Distance Covered:  1 mile
Time: 6:18 PM - 7:58 PM
European Starling
Had to go out for awhile tonight, since it is the first full day of autumn.  I went to Canal Fulton, and was lucky enough to see the canal boat taking off and returning.  Not too many visual signs of fall, but the length of the day is one sign.  I did see a woman and a teenage girl walk by, eating very large ice cream cones.  I was pretty sure the woman was someone I had worked with years ago, but I wasn't positive, so I didn't say anything.  Turns out, I saw them awhile later walking back on the trail.  This time I did say something.  It turns out that it was Carri, a young woman who worked at IBH when I was there, and the teenager with her was her daughter Hannah, who was born while we both worked there in the mid-nineties.  Amazing!  I hung around for awhile to wait for the harvest moon to rise, but there really wasn't a great view of it from the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment