Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21- Forty Corners


Today was a nice, seasonal first day of Spring. I drove to the Forty Corners trailhead in Jackson Twp. and walked south to Bridgeport Quarry. It was 56 degrees and partly sunny when I started. I could hear lots of birds singing, and the tops of the trees were filled with spring buds. Turtles were gracing just about every log in the canal. It felt so good to be walking along the trail with the sun shining down and signs of spring everywhere. I turned around at Bridgeport Quarry and walked back to Forty Corners. I then walked in the other direction, towards Crystal Springs. Although I thought I was walking due north, when I looked at the map tracking my steps, I was surprised to find that the second leg of my journey had been on a curve that headed mostly west. Lots of walkers, joggers and bicyclists out today. I walked back to Forty Corners and drove home, happy to have started a new season on the trail!

Spring is finally here
Wildflowers, turtles, so much green
Starting all over

No comments:

Post a Comment