Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30 - Lock 4 Park to Butterbridge



Today after work, I decided to walk along a part of the trail I had not been on before. Yes, there are a few such sections remaining! I parked at Lock 4 Park in Canal Fulton. This is a park that is actually centered around the canal and its history. The sun was shining and it was in the high 50's. The park area was beautiful. I walked towards Butterbridge Road, and it was a very scenic walk. Some of the trees along the canal here are gnarled looking and very interesting. I saw a few woodpeckers, and heard a loud chorus of frogs off towards the trees near the river, to the west. When I got to Butterbridge Road, I crossed the street and saw signs stating that the trail was closed here. I can only deduct that it is closed because the trail is flooded in parts, although it was fine as far as I could see. I turned around and went back to the park. A pleasant walk overall!

The awe continues
Trees gnarled like in fairy tales
Sights and sounds, sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment