Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7

White-breasted Nuthatch
With apologies to the Canadian side of the family...O, Peninsula!
From tall trees, to bridges, to birds of many species, to quaint local scenery, to wetlands, to fabulous views of our beloved "crooked river," Peninsula has it all!
I parked at the Peninsula Depot Visitor Center, which was fairly filled with cars, and just took in the beauty that was within a few yards. Lock 29 is right there, along with a wonderful panoramic view of the Cuyahoga River. The trees are so tall here and are filled with birds. I walked north for about a mile, then doubled back. When I got to my starting point, I headed south towards Deep Lock. I was actually hot today, as the temperature was in the mid 60's. I turned around shortly before I got to Deep Lock Quarry, and enjoyed the scenery around the parking lot once more. Lots of hikers and bikers on the warm, sunny day!

To Peninsula
Has it changed since '99?
Oh, crooked river!

No comments:

Post a Comment