Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5 - Canal Fulton to Lock 4 Park


Today I left work early because I was at a 2-day work outing at a location with blaring fluorescent lights and my eye was killing me. I rested for awhile and then Kay and I decided to head to Canal Fulton Community Park and walk south. The sun was shining and it was in the mid-thirties - a beautiful late winter afternoon. We walked along the canal, under wonderful blues skies. Lots of ducks and geese along the water. The canal was on our left as we traveled south, and over a bit to our right was the Tuscarawas River. We walked to Lock 4 Park, about a mile south of where we started. It is a very quaint little area with a lock and some bridges and a little "replica lock tender's house." There are also picnic tables here that offer views of the canal, the trail and the river.

Nature as refuge
Winter not an enemy
Blues skies and sunshine 

No comments:

Post a Comment