Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24 - Lake St. Flood!!


I had some time between being at the Canton office and needing to arrive at the Massillon office, so i stopped at one of our favorite standby trailheads, Lake St.
It was pleasant out, but I didn't have much time, so I decided to mill around the Lake St. parking lot adjacent to the trail. There were some robins hunting for worms, and I even spotted some blossoms on the of the trees along the river. What a surprise when I looked to my left and saw that the trail under the Lake St. bridge was completed flooded and impassable. A woman on a bike soared up to where I was standing and we both gasped at the same time as she slammed on her brakes. The river is really high here. Hope it goes down soon and that the trail is passable again.

With spring comes the rain
Adding to the melting snow
Water everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment