Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1 - Beech Trees and White Pines and Snakes, Oh My!



Today it was in the high seventies and sunny, even it was early evening. This was a section of the trail we hadn't walked before. I had been on it about a year and a half ago, but this was the first time this year. We had been to the area of the trailhead several times and had been to Eastern Road where the trail ends temporarily, but this was our first time walking from Vanderhoof to Eastern. The first thing we saw were tiny snakes slithering across thee trail. We also noticed many tall beech trees, more than we had seen anywhere else on the trail. Finally, there were multiple white pine tress, another unusual sight on the towpath. I'm constantly amazed by the uniqueness of each section of the trail we visit. each section is beautiful, but in its own way. As I walked along the trail today and enjoyed feeling the sun, I marveled at how the part of the trail was so nearby where I lived, yet I had been here only one other time.

Towering beech trees
Snakes slithering on the trail
Each path so unique

No comments:

Post a Comment