Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 12 - Clinton Duck Pond


Today was an after work stop. Kay had class so I decided to go someplace close. I opted to drive to Clinton and walk south on the trail. There is a large pond to the west of the trail and canal to the east. Geese and ducks were plentiful, but today I spotted something new on the trail - killdeer. Although the geese will let you snap photos of them all day long, and even the mallards will pose most of the time, the killdeer kept running from me. I stayed at the pond area for a few minutes, but then kept walking. Everything is so much greener than last time I was here, back in March. There are panoramic views of the Tuscarawas River from the part of the trail, and some marshy areas to the east. Lots of bike riders and joggers shared the trail with me today. I turned back after a little more than a mile in, thinking I'd try to catch some photos of the killdeer. By this time however,, the light was leaving and couldn't find any killdeer in the immediate vicinity. I spend some time taking photos of a Canada Goose in silhouette. I'll come back again for the killdeer!

To the pond they flock
Soon the next generation
We will watch with care

No comments:

Post a Comment