Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11 - Barberton - Residential Towpath


Today I was on my own. I drove to the Manchester Road trail head, near Lake Nesmith and walked southwest. This is a part of the trail I had not yet hiked. Today was more of an exploratory hike so I wasn't working too hard to take a lot of exotic photos. It was an interesting part of the trail because for the first couple miles, the trail and canal were directly behind the local residents' back yards. Lots of folks were outside today, mowing their lawns, working in their gardens, relaxing on their decks. I almost felt as if I were invading their privacy.
I walked to the bridge for State Street and turned around. I encountered quite a few bicyclists on the trail, as well as walkers and joggers. I even saw an older couple whizzing around in a small motor boat. Towards the end of my walk, I saw an interesting-looking duck swimming around with 3 mallards. The duck was much larger, with a black body and a mallard-like green head. A hybrid of some sort, very handsome too.

Do they understand?
History in their backyards
Nature's beauty too

No comments:

Post a Comment