Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3 - Rockside, Brecksville, Clinton



She's detail, I'm big picture. She stalks, I like surprises. She's journey, I'm destination. I travel light, she brings everything but the kitchen sink. Can this photographic partnership possibly work?
As you might have guessed, it works very well. Between the two of us, we are able to cover just about any photographic scenario on the towpath.
Today Kay planted herself in Brecksville on the towpath just north of the eagles' nest. Meanwhile, I headed to Rockside Road and walked south to the Canal Visitor center. It was another gorgeous day. I saw lots of turtles in the canal. They were more than willing to pose for me, too. There were plenty of birds out there as well.
When I arrived back at Rockside Road, I drove to Breckville, stopping for drinks and salads on the way. I walked to where Kay was stationed and took some shots of the eagles myself. We then packed up and went back to the car. We decided we'd had enough for one day, but as we were driving down Route 21, we noticed that the skies were becoming very dramatic-looking. We made the decision to stop in Clinton, which is right on our way home. here we took off like mad women taking shot after shot of the sky. We saw turkey vultures perched in trees and circling above; the sky was filled with them off to the east.
Today was a long day, but as usual, a very enjoyable one on the trail.

So much in one day
Turtles don't hurry like me
Slow down and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment