Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 24 - Peninsula

Cow Parsnip
We started off the day in beautiful Peninsula.  Again, this is an area that has certainly changed with the seasons.   Something I'd never noticed before that was quite plentiful along the trail was a large plant thta looked like a cross between Queen Ann's Lace and broccoli.  I found out later it is called cow parsnip.  It made me realize that the vast majority of my hiking has taken place in the fall, so there may be many plants and animals on the trail I have never seen before.  
One of the most striking changes is the number of people using the trail.  Walkers, joggers and bicyclists everywhere.  The deep blue skies dotted with fluffy clouds added to the splendor of the day.  I walked from Peninsula to Boston Mills Road.  Kay drove to Boston Mills and walked south.  We met up just south of the two bridges (I-271 and I-80)  The bridges that were totally visible for a great distance last winter are now framed in greenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment