Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 3 - Beaver Marsh


Today I stayed home from work. I had gone to Stat Care thinking I had appendicitis. They (sort of) ruled that out. But my stomach still hurt so I stayed home from work all day. Later in the afternoon, we decided to go to the Beaver marsh, as it is a place that does not entail a lot of walking and has ample seating.
As usual, it was nothing short of a wonderland. Birds, muskrat, turtles, etc. combined to make the visit and worthwhile one. The tree swallows are always a delight. And there are usually Canada Geese and Wood Ducks around. We are looking for goslings and ducklings right about now, but it appears the Beaver Marsh maternity ward is not yet open for this season.
WE stopped at Deep Lock Quarry and walked to the trail from the parking lot. Kay had not been to this section of the trail, and she got to see the Deep Lock and take birds photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment