Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26 - Forty Corners and Lake Street




My day on the trail started much earlier than planned, as a result of a salon mix-up.  Anyway, I went to Forty Corners trailhead and walked northwest.  I hadn't been here for a few weeks, and it was certainly much, much greener than last time.  Although I heard quite a few birds singing, I didn't see many.  And Kay - the bird photography and attraction expert - was not with me.   I did get a shot of a grackle and of a catbird with its feathers ruffled,  but decided to focus more on trees and flowers.  It was almost 80 degrees, but this part of the trail is fairly shady, so it wasn't too bad.  I went back to my car and decided to drive to Lake Street.  There is very little shade here, so I did not walk as far.  I did get some nice "puffy cloud" photos.  I also took a lot of photos to compare to photos taken here in earlier months.  I don't think summer is going to be our favorite hiking season!

No comments:

Post a Comment