Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 21- Peninsula & Boston

Runners in Peninsula
Bicycles and wildflowers north of Peninsula
Starting Weather: Mostly Cloudy , 75°
Ending Weather: Mostly Cloudy , 81°
Distance Covered:  3.02 miles
Time: 8:40 AM - 11:34 AM
After the Beaver Marsh, we went to Peninsula.  Thinking back to January when we were first here, it amazes me that now we almost weren't able to find a parking place.   This place was packed today.  Walkers, runners, bicyclers, people walking dogs, people with baby strollers, people everywhere!  I think the area between Peninsula and Boston is one of the most crowded spots on the towpath.  I decided to walk all the way to Boston and Kay said she would drive there and meet me.  I love this walk; I love Stumpy Basin and I always enjoy walking under the I-80 and I-271 bridges.  The Boston Store area is always very scenic and there are usually plenty of birds and squirrels near the parking lot.
The Boston Store

Bumblebee on Chickory

No comments:

Post a Comment