Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 26 - Lake Avenue

Cabbage White
Tuscarawas River
Starting Weather: Mostly Sunny, 74°
Ending Weather: Mostly Sunny, 73°
Distance Covered: .79 mile
Time: 5:35 PM - 6:22 PM  
Tonight was an after-work stop at Lake Avenue.  As long as the wildflowers last, we will probably stop here fairly often, as there are butterflies everywhere.   I  did notice that there weren't many other people on the trail.  I saw a boy as I was on my way back to the parking lot.  He was walking his bike up the hill, but called to me to tell me he had seen another bike abandoned down below in the brush.  He asked if I'd watch his bike while he went and retrieved the other bike.  Once he was back on the trail, he asked me to walk his bike down to the parking lot.  He went into Ernie's bike shop to try to sell them the bike.  Their response was "We sell bikes; we don't buy them."  At that point, I told the boy I was leaving.  I guess he walked both bikes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment